Now, I'm standing close to the finish line of summer and that stack of books-to-be-read is still a foot tall. I may have read bits and pieces of several of them, but not a one is finished. Every time I see the stack, it is no longer generating feelings of anticipation, but rather feelings of stress and frustration over my failed plans.
But this is no way to spend my last week of summer vacation, focusing on what I DIDN'T get done this summer, instead of what I DID. So I decided to make myself a list of what my summer involved and focus on that instead:
1. Hosted Cecile from France for three weeks.
4. Attended the All-Write Conference (all by myself!) and met and learned from some wonderful people!
6. Went to the WI State Fair and took a trip down the big slide
7. Began a daily walking/running habit
8. Wrote more (Morning Pages)
9. Spent more time just watching nature from my back patio and front porch swing
12. Went to Great America
13. Made memories with family
15. Napped when I needed it.
16. Spent more time with Jeremy
So today I am celebrating that my stack of books still exists and all of these great memories are tucked away forever.