Sunday, April 10, 2016

Links I Loved Last Week {4.10.16}

Adlit.org shared this interesting research on how building connections with our students can change so much.

If your students' reading notebooks are beginning be somewhat hum-drum, Maggie and Kate will show you how to use charts to get students refocused on the role of their notebook in this DIY Literacy Video.

Amy Ludwig VanDerwater uses Wonderopolis' Wonder of the Day to inspire a poem every day in April.  I am trying this with my class of 4th graders and we are loving it.

Flocabulary is a wonderful resource for your classroom.  They have a wide variety of rap videos to teach all subjects.  My class uses the Word Up Vocabulary program to learn 10 new words each week.  They love the videos! You can sign up for a free 30 day trial to take a look for yourself.

Owner Media puts out a great newsletter twice a week that always contains some nugget of advice that hits home. Even though it's geared toward business owners, I promise their words will speak to you too.

Where do you stand on the homework debate?  This post from NEA Today gives some interesting perspectives.

Love. Learn. Lead shared some interesting insights in Why We Are Moving on From AR.


Thank you to Elisabeth Ellington for the inspiration for this post.



1 comment:

  1. The DIY videos are great and I keep seeing posts about the Wonderopolis poems. I'm anxious to give them a try with my students!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!