Monday, October 9, 2017

DWP #27: EXPAND {10.9.17}

My knowledge base has expanded in so many ways over the past two weeks. Things I never imagined having to learn how to do, I have now done out of necessity.

I have learned...

What Sundowner's Syndrome is. (For people with dementia and Alzheimer's, their symptoms get much worse in the evening because the sun goes down and they become very disoriented.)

How to tell someone they are not coming home from their nursing home.

How to support my mom and help her realize that this is all for the best.

How to do odd jobs around her new house that needed to get done. I'm quite proud of myself for figuring out how to reprogram the keypad for her garage door opener and how to program her car to open the door. We also leveled the refrigerator in her garage because the door kept popping open and managed to take apart a recliner and get it up the basement stairs.

We learn to do some things out of necessity. That's the beautiful thing about the human mind and heart -- it can expand to whatever size necessary to get the job done.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!