Saturday, June 28, 2014

Celebrating a Missing Camera

Thank you, Ruth, for hosting this celebration of our week!

Last June, my sister and her family relocated to Dallas.  I have missed them terribly.  This past week, they came into town for a visit.  It was great to catch up and to spend time with them, especially my niece and nephew.



Yesterday, we celebrated Jack's and Grace's birthdays since all the rest of the family lives here and were unable to celebrate with them on their actual birthdays.

So what happens when your six year old nephew "borrows" your camera?  Lots of fun selfies for me to remember them by after they return to Dallas.





Gotta love that boy!

What are you celebrating this week?  Be sure to check out Ruth's blog for more celebrations and to add your own!

(P.S. -- I'm new to this celebration linky, but I have noticed that when readers leave comments on my posts, most of you are coming up as a "no reply blogger," which means I can't respond to your comments via email.  If you are using the Blogger platform for your posts and would like to fix this, there is a great tutorial here.  The fix is super simple and will make commenting correspondence so much easier!  It is worth the minute to see if this is affecting your blog.)

Jennifer

14 comments:

  1. My sister currently lives across the country from where I live. I can completely relate to this post. It is such joy when she comes to visit with her family. I love the selfies that happened when your nephew kidnapped your camera. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the celebration link up! So glad you're here! I live far from my sister and niece and nephew. It's hard. In 2 weeks my nephew and my mother are taking the train to visit me. I can't wait!!! Looks like you had lots of fun with your family! Happy Celebrating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "That boy" sure does know how to capture a celebration in progress. :) The fun and joy radiate through. (BTW your joy and fun comes through actually meeting you, too. I am glad you were brave and came to All Write!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he does! I wish I could bottle that up and save it for when he is not here. It was such a joy meeting you last week! You helped me feel welcome (and brave)!

      Delete
  4. What fun! The family resemblance shown in your pictures is amazing! You all look alike - even the kids! Beautiful family! Your nephew looks like he knows how to celebrate life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics! We're anticipating double company this week. Hubby's sis and husband will stop by for a few days before an Alaska cruise And daughter and hubby will be home, haven't seen them since October. I love family get togethers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the things I love about summer -- lots of time for family and making memories. Enjoy your visit with your family, Ramona!

      Delete
  6. Reconnecting with family is a fabulous reason to celebrate! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We only see them twice a year so these are times to celebrate.

      Delete
  7. Such happy faces are a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved seeing those smiles and funny faces. So many happy people. Thank you for the advice to edit the blogger profile. I discovered I was one of the no-reply bloggers. Fixed the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Celebration in the unexpected...I was wondering how you had photos if the camera had gone missing. It was fun to discover it had secretly fallen into the happy hands of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having someone catch the silly part of life adds joy. Your pictures are great. So glad you had time to spend with family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!