* Five days of school! No snow days, no cold weather days. It's good to be back in the routine!
* On Sunday, the weather was cold but there was no wind so it actually was quite pleasant. I took a walk up my street and thought it would be the perfect time for a picture. How many times can I say that I went for a walk in January in Wisconsin?
* During our meeting with our 2nd grade buddy class this past week, we talked about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the concept of peace. Everyone decorated a Peace Dove with beautiful colors and wrote on it one way they can bring more peace in the world. We hung them outside our classrooms from the ceilings so everyone could see them. I have to say...standing under them, I do feel more peaceful.
* My students also thought of their One Word for 2015 and we made posters for the hallway. I had them use their Chromebooks to look up the definition of their word and synonyms. They then explained why they chose their One Word. I was super impressed with the words the students chose and how some of them are using them already in their daily decisions.
* We finished up 2nd quarter at school. According to Accelerated Reader, my students read 5.3 million words this past quarter -- more than I've ever had!
* Tomorrow, my beloved Green Bay Packers will play in the final playoff game against the Seattle Seahawks. It was Superhero Day at school yesterday, and I couldn't resist the enthusiasm of our 5th grade teachers for the team they love.
Please head over to Ruth's blog to share your own celebrations this week!