Saturday, January 3, 2015

Celebrations! {1-03-15}

Thank you to Ruth Ayres for hosting Celebrate This Week, the weekly linky party where we can all share our blessings from the past week.
This second week of winter break went by too quickly.  I really, really want a do-over.  I have really enjoyed these past two weeks of "living horizontally" as writer Julia Cameron puts it.  I have had the luxury of stretching out, slowing down, and savoring my free time.  Next week, I (like most of you) will return to the craziness of life called school.

Here are some other things I'm celebrating this week:

One Word Party:  On Tuesday, I had some friends from school over for a One Word painting party.  We all decorated a canvas with our OLW for 2015.  It was a ton of fun!




Reading:  My TBR list keeps growing and growing.  This week I finished The Night Gardener.  It took me longer than expected, but it was worth it.  I also received this fun thing in the mail this week from Etsy:

The Price of Gas:  A silly celebration, I know, but this is what I paid for gas this morning:
Yes....$1.95 a gallon.  Wahoo!!!!

There are lots of things in life to celebrate if you just stop and look around.  What are your celebrations this week?

5 comments:

  1. Hard to believe that gas is actually below $2.00, but it is here, too, Jennifer. I love the idea of your OLW painting party. My students are not going to do a word, but a quote, something I usually do with a class in Sept., but this is a start for us, so hope they'll enjoy the choosing & decorating. Happy you had a good break. Yes, it flew! Have a good week next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got in on the Book Nerd shirt!!! Yea, will you be at nerdcampmi? A lot of us that got them will be wearing them proudly there!
    I love the OLW painting party! I think that's great that you got some people together to do that. I'm alone at my school in this venture, and I wish I had more support!
    And yes, to celebrating these gas prices!!
    Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your one word party looks like fun and what a great idea. I need to order my shirt before they are gone! Have a great week back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, so good to start connecting with you. I think your OLW party is a great way to celebrate life, learning, and a forward look at 2015. Onward and upward with positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OLW painting party - what a wonderful idea, gives the words color and fun spirit from the start. Looking forward to reading where your OLW "Fly" takes you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!