Saturday, June 6, 2015

Celebrating This Week {6-06-15}

Thank you to Ruth Ayres for reminding us to take time for celebration.
This past week, my husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.  It's hard to believe how quickly time has flown.  Babies, new houses, new jobs, vacations, holidays...So many memories that have become the building blocks of our time together.
This past Tuesday, Rick Wormeli was the speaker at our in-service.  Rick brought a message about grading, growth mindset, and student achievement that was music to my ears.  His words validated so much of what we are already doing at our school even though it is not mainstream culture yet.  It's just what I needed to hear.  Rick is the author of this book (among others), if you want a taste of his message:
What are you celebrating this week?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendation. I think that the staff at my school really needs to hear this message. I am sure it was wonderful to hear Rick Wormeli speak. Also, congratulations on your wedding anniversary! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memories as building blocks - reminds me that I have something pretty fun to celebrate. Fun pic of you and your husband - congrats on 20 years together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!! That's a wonderful celebration! I hope you two had some time to celebrate together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your anniversary! 20 years is long enough to experience and witness many changes, yet short enough to know that many years together are still ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary. Keep working on that marriage always -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! We celebrated our 28th. on Saturday - where does the time go, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!