Saturday, March 3, 2018

SOL #3 {3.03.18}: Packing Problems

I am a horrible packer.

It's actually become a joke around here with my family teasing me that there must be a dead body in my suitcase because it weighs so much. You should see their exaggerated faces and the noises they make when they lift my suitcase! Serious drama, I'm telling you.

Anytime we go away, I have a tendency to overpack my suitcase. The way I look at it -- if there's space, I should fill it up. And heaven forbid if I forget something that I could have brought. You know, just in case.

This is usually not a problem because we drive most places we go and my husband is there to carry in the suitcase.

Except for when he's not.

And the hotel doesn't have an elevator.

And you're staying several floors up.

And you wonder why you brought so much for an overnight trip.



7 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! I think of another thing and another that I might need or want in case of this, this or this ... should we organize Over-Packers Anonymous? I will say that the idea of traveling light sounds blissful ... and I so enjoyed this piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, your comical slice made me giggle this morning. When I read your paragraph about how your perspective on over-packing changed once your husband wasn't there, I found myself nodding in agreement. You and I are so blessed to have men in our lives to support us and "carry the luggage." Thank you for your slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comical! My husband has this problem! He is major over packer! Lucky for me, he's the one carrying his own suitcase! His "issue" results in many laughs around our house! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get it- I am usually an overpacker too (although trying to reform). Perspective and context changes everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. I sometimes have the same problem. I'm getting better as we travel more, but it's still an issue. Part of my problem is I start packing early, so I just keep throwing things in my suitcase--or my canvas bags, which is also a problem. But that's another story:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you been to Europe? If not, go. A trip to Europe will cure your packing problem if you're forced to schlep a suitcase around w/ a tour group. My packing problem follows me on cruises; otherwise, I can get 13 outfits into a carry-on. The secret is to roll your outfits. I'm going to Ireland in June w/ my husband, so we'll need to pack lightly because cars are small there, and we're off to China w/ students in March 2019. I'm only taking a carry-on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same problem! I always pack more bags than I need to, because I have to pack my book bag! I'm like Deb, in that I pack early most times and keep packing things I think I might need.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!