Sunday, March 4, 2018

SOL #4 {3.04.18}: Outside My Window

I sit in my favorite chair, a mug of coffee steaming on the table next to me.

The book I'm reading sits there too, calling to me to pick it up. I'm almost done with it, after all. I just don't want the story to end so I let it sit. Maybe later.

Outside the window and see the sun is rising. This seems to be happening earlier and earlier every day which is a good thing. It means spring is coming.


Lots of birds are circling the sky this morning. They weren't here last week. They are waiting their turn at the feeder and keeping warm with flapping wings.

Through the glass, I can hear their chatter and imagine the conversations they are having:

    It's good to see you again! How was your winter?
    Why did we come back so soon? It's so cold!
    Should we stay here or keep flying? This place is kinda nice.
    Has anyone seen my family? We were separated in flight. Can I join yours?
    Check out that sunrise! 
    Are you done at the feeder yet? I'm hungry.

So much changes outside my window. So much stays the same.


6 comments:

  1. The changes each day are so observable and measurable this time of year. The number of birds singing, the changing time of sunrise and sunset, the greening of the earth. If we get too busy we miss it-your post is a great reminder to stop-look-notice-BE. Love it, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your observations led to an imagined conversation. Love that, the writer in you stayed focused on what was happening right there in that very moment! I, too, heard a particular "bird song" this morning which almost turned into today's slice. I know that bird is back and it may be a slice - after all we've got 27 days to go! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an important reminder to slow down and notice. I confess, I'm not a fan of birds but their imagined conversations made me laugh. Love this, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The outside my window form is inviting. I love seeing what is going on in your part of the world. We are waking up to spring and new life every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiration to write is found just outside our window. Thank you, Jennifer, for showing what it is like to be a patient observer of the world as it comes to us. This is the second mindful post I have read this morning. The other was by Margaret Simon. Both have encouraged me to pause and reflect letting the moments be. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your writing brought me to a very peaceful place. Today as I was looking out my window I was watching the swirling snowflakes through the dripping icicles and was given the same wonderful feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!