Another week down in the record books and so many things to celebrate:
1. The weather has been as close to perfect as you could ask for in March in Wisconsin. The snow is almost melted and I'm seeing lots of wildlife return.
2. Speaking of wildlife, I heard the Sandhill Cranes outside on Wednesday night. They have a very distinctive call. These birds, which migrate to Mexico in the winter, are a sure sign that spring is returning.
3. I have completed week two of the Slice of Life challenge. At first, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find a topic to write about every day, but there is so much great inspiration from other SOL slicers that it's not a problem.
4. I have been participating in the #BFC530 Twitter chat every morning. It is really early -- 4:30 AM for CDT, but I'm pretty much up by that time anyways. I have found it to be a wonderful way to start my day with some inspiration and connection with others in my PLN.
5. This past week, I began a mini research project on reading motivation with my students. To do this, I have suspended our use of the Accelerated Reader program and am now allowing them to read anything they want in hopes that their desire to read will grow. (I will slice more about this next week!)
6. Two more weeks until spring break! How about you?