Tuesday, January 26, 2016

All Alone {SOL 1-26-16}

On Saturday, I found myself all alone for almost the entire day.

In a house with three teenage kids, this doesn't happen very often.

Ryan was up north in Wausau snowmobiling with his grandparents for the long weekend.  Kara and Hannah were at a show band invitational and Jeremy was doing the cooking at the Boy Scout Winter Jamboree.

All alone for the day....what could I do?

Let's see...

       I could read.

I could write.

       I could bake.

I could do laundry.  (Nah...)

       I could sit and stare out the window.

I could go shopping.

       I could catch up on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I could grade papers.


So many things that I could do.  So what did I do?

I took a nap.  Two hours of uninterrupted, peaceful, much needed rest.....It felt wonderful!

9 comments:

  1. You did the right thing. An uninterrupted nap - that is gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did the right thing. An uninterrupted nap - that is gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't half the joy just having all those possibilities in front of you, regardless of what you choose to do? I'm so glad you enjoyed your nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't half the joy just having all those possibilities in front of you, regardless of what you choose to do? I'm so glad you enjoyed your nap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naps are so worth the time! You'll get the reading, writing, cooking, etc done some other way, but a quiet empty house invites a good snooze!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent my Saturday grading papers while I took Ethan to the "slopes." We were there from 10:30 to 6:00 and I did nothing but grade! A nap would have been such a better alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the rare occasions I find myself alone, I am frozen in indecision. What to do???

    You made a solid choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many choices! I think you picked the right one. After all, the nap restores energy to do the other things on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurrah for you, Jennifer. I nap it felt so, so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!