Thank you to the ladies at Two Writing Teachers for hosting this weekly Slice of Life gathering. It is an amazing opportunity for reflection and connection!
2014 was the year I gave up making resolutions. Thanks to the book, One Word That Will Change Your Life by Jon Gordon, and various friends around the blogosphere who were doing the same, I chose just one little word as my guiding mantra for 2014 -- FORWARD.
As 2014 draws to a close, I reflect on my OLW and how much it has helped me move forward.
Here are some ways I moved forward in 2014:
* I moved my writing forward. I wrote on a more regular basis which, while it's not yet where I want it to be, is farther than it's ever been.
* I moved my teaching forward. My classroom is now a place where questions are asked, mistakes are made, and risks are taken. We embrace a growth mindset and find power in the word YET. This teaching style is so foreign to me, yet so fun! I'm excited to see where it takes us.
* I moved my learning forward. Whether it be learning about Genius Hour, the growth mindset, or improving my reading and writing instruction, I learned a lot this year! Twitter has really helped with this too.
* I moved my health forward. I began exercising on a (somewhat) regular basis.
* I took steps out of my comfort zone. Attending All Write 14 in Indiana all by myself, driving four hours alone, knowing no one, was a big step for me. It was worth it and I am looking forward to going back again (but this time I won't be alone because of all the wonderful people I met there).
2014 was a wonderful year!