Tuesday, July 25, 2017

An Unexpected Surprise {SOL 7.25.17}

My husband is out of town which, of course, is prime time for everything in the house to misbehave.

On Monday of last week, our septic pump broke, bringing water into our finished basement. Luckily, we have good friends in town who were able to help me out. John came over on Monday night, pulled out the pump, diagnosed it as broken, went to the store and got me a new one and even installed it for me. (Isn't he AWESOME??!!)

As I wrote John a check for the cost of the pump, I was immensely thankful that he saved me a large expense from a plumber. However, the $246  was not in our budget we had planned for the month. I thought to myself: It is what it is. We will figure it out later.

On Thursday, I picked up the mail and noticed an envelope from my daughter's oral surgeon who recently removed her wisdom teeth. I opened the letter and almost fell over:
This unexpected check would almost completely cover the cost of the pump!

Woohoo!!!

The Law of Attraction worked hard for me last week!

9 comments:

  1. That is amazing! Good friends and an oral surgeon who has great integrity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy when the universe balances the scale? Glad it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how things work out! Who'd think the house and dentist would balance your monthly budget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often find myself saying, "It is what it is." I love when little surprise & delights like this sneak up on you! At the end of the day or week it is all good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I touch you and get some of that good luck? In the past month, we've replaced a hot water heater and an AC motor. Serendipity is a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Sweet Writing Life has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 100 Elementary Teacher Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/elementary_teacher_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 100 Elementary Teacher Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    ​Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sweet Writing Life Team,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Sweet Writing Life has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 50 Fourth Grade Teacher Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/fourth_grade_teacher_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 50 Fourth Grade Teacher Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jennifer,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Sweet Writing Life has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 100 Upper Elementary Blogs on the web.

    https://blog.feedspot.com/upper_elementary_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 100 Upper Elementary Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!