Friday, June 8, 2018

#DWHabit: PICK {6.08.18}

Lilac
I round the corner of the house
and without looking,
I am 100% sure it has finally blossomed.
The lilac bush.
It's sweet, dense scent wafts through the air,
tickling my nose,
reassuring me that
yes,
nature has come back to life.
I pick a few blooms
for Mom
so she knows this too.


Peony
The bud starts out
the size of a jawbreaker
Tiny and hard,
but holding a treasure within.
Days and weeks of spring sun pass
And the tiny jawbreaker grows into a gumball
stuck to the end of a stick.
The ants go to work.
Then bud bursts open
Revealing a pincushion of petals,
the color of bubblegum.
I pick a few
for the table
bringing nature's treats inside.



2 comments:

  1. Spring flowers are the best and lilacs and peonies are two of my favorites! Such heavenly scents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at this poetry side coming out of you! Love both of those flowers but not as much I love your words! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!