Sunday, April 3, 2016

Storm Chaser {4.3.16}

Amy Ludwig Vanderwater came up with the great idea of using the Wonder of the Day from Wonderopolis to inspire a poem each day in April in honor of Poetry Month.  I thought I would give it a try.

I was intrigued by the Wonder Words in yesterday's Wonder.  They almost seemed like a reverse blackout poem and inspired me to write this today.

Storm Chaser

Thunder
Lightning
Tornado
Hurricane

Time to go --
a thrilling adventure awaits!

Driving into its direct path --
data to be recorded
observations made
all in the name of science and safety.

You have to be a little bit crazy,
a lotta bit fearless
to run into the storm
when others are running away,
hunkering down, 
hiding from the storm
while you say,
"Here I am! Come get me!"





2 comments:

  1. I think this is a brilliant idea. What a great way to use Wonderopolis, which happens to be a resource that I love. And of course, I love your poem. My favorite part: Here I am! Come get me! Isn't that the ultimate game of chase!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I am petrified of tornadoes, I would love to be a storm chaser...as long as I am out of danger! Great poem! I love this idea of using Wonderopolis. I hope to find a little time to write poetry this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!