Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Sweet Surprises {SOL 4-28-15}

Spring is here!

As I write this, the sun is just beginning to rise and already I can hear the birds busy in conversation outside.  {I wonder what makes birds wake up and begin chatting?}

Last night, I went for a walk.  It was still a bit cool, but I felt that I needed to get some fresh air and sunshine.  I had to keep my jacket zipped, but the cool air felt so good against my face.

I love this time of year because there are so many different shades of green as the world comes back to life.   I'm surprised I don't trip over something as I walk because I'm so busy looking around that I don't pay much attention to what I'm doing.  (As someone who is very uncoordinated, this could cause trouble.)

Luckily, I happened to be looking down when I saw this:
What a sweet surprise!


8 comments:

  1. Awww. . What I sweet message. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the greens of spring inspired a poem for me. Love your little chalky gift. Do you know about chalkabration? It's coming up on Betsy's blog at the end of the month. My students love chalking poems. I am hoping the rain will stop in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have gone for a walk this morning! I can hear the birds chirp as well as I drink my coffee and think about making lunches for my children. That sign is a great reminder to look around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love to imagine the bird conversations? My husband and I sit on our deck with a glass of wine and do a whole riff on bird sound conversations. It is a great opportunity to be silly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You describe the best parts of this time of year-- getting outside for walks and noticing the green colors around us!! Phew, we made it through winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You describe the best parts of this time of year-- getting outside for walks and noticing the green colors around us!! Phew, we made it through winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you not only noticed it, but stopped and snapped a picture!!! I tell my students that is living life as a writer. Thank you for such a positive slice today...I needed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect slice of life with a special message to end it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!