I'll be honest...Some weeks, it is difficult to find the celebrations. I think back, looking for some huge or life changing event from the past seven days. When I do this, I often come up empty handed.
All the "bad" parts of the week seem to stick clearest in my memory. Why is that?
Some week's celebrations must be the tiny moments of life. They might slip by unnoticed, pushed out by those other memories.
But I won't let them.
The tiny moments of celebration from my past week...
* My budget is done.
* The sun is rising a bit earlier every day. As I write this, it is 6:35am, and I can see the streaks of light push through the sky.
* I got my car washed yesterday. I think there was an inch of salt on it.
* January (my most unfavorite month) is almost over.
* I ordered a Carpe Diem planner and can't wait for it's arrival.
* I read two books.
* So many well wishes from friends for my birthday this past week.
* I was reminded (several times) of the reasons why I love the class I have this year.
This week's celebrations are not huge and I had to dig deep to find some of them. But they are there.
For that, I celebrate.