I’m participating in the November Blogging Challenge -- Attitude of Gratitude -- at @TeachThoughtOnline.
Today’s Topic: What are the best aspects of being a teacher?
I remember growing up, I had two aunts who were teachers. They would quickly tell me that the three best things about being a teacher were June, July, and August.
As a child, I found this pretty funny.
Now that I am a teacher, I am quick to admit that I do enjoy my summers.
But here are some other things that I enjoy about teaching:
- Seeing the "aha" moments in a student's eyes when they "get it".
- Making a connection with a student who needs an adult to believe in them.
- Learning and growing from the teachers around me.
- Being a lifelong learner myself.
- When a student accidentally calls me "mom". Some teachers may get offended by this, but I take it as the highest compliment and a sign that I have made a connection with that child.
- When a kindergartner passes me in the hallway and tells me they want me to be their 4th grade teacher.
- When former students come back to say hello and share how awesome they are doing in middle and high school.
I could go on and on...
What are some things you enjoy about teaching? Consider joining the November Attitude of Gratitude Challenge.