Wednesday, September 27, 2017

DWP #15: THOUGHTFUL {9.27.17}

There is so much disharmony in the world right now. It is easy to get sucked under the wave of despair and think that all goodness has left the world.

But it hasn't.

I was having lunch with my mom today and she told me a story about her trip to Home Depot yesterday.

As with many new-to-you homes, there are some renovations that need to be done when you move in. One thing that needed to be replaced was the toilet in the master bathroom.

My mom went to Home Depot, found the toilet she wanted, found someone to help her put the very large, very heavy box onto a cart.  She paid for it, pulled her car up, and got assistance from a very young, very skinny young stockman to help load it in her car.

Now my mom drives a regular car with a regular-sized trunk. The box did not want to fit and there was nothing the young man could do to make it so.

As my mom and this young man were trying to figure out what to do, a older man exited the store and saw their dilemma. He stopped and offered to deliver the toilet with his truck. My mom was about to take him up on the offer when another man exited the store and offered his help. He said he knew how to get the toilet in the trunk and with a few turns of the box, he made it happen. My mom set off for home with her new toilet. When she arrived home, a neighbor helped her finagle it out of the trunk and put it in the garage for the plumber.

The thoughtfulness of these three  people made a hard job much easier for my mom. I'm happy there are people in this world who still offer to help when there is nothing in it for them.

It made my mom's day and it made mine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!