Thursday, September 14, 2017

DWP Day 2: BRANCH

"A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking
because her trust is not on the branch, but on her wings.
Always believe in yourself."

This is one of my favorite quotes. A few years ago, my One Litte Word was FLY. I thought this quote was the perfect accompaniment to my OLW. It inspired me to believe that I always had the potential to do more than I thought I could do. 

Staying on the branch is easy. I know because I've been spending quite a bit of time there lately. So much time that I wonder if my wings even work anymore.

Starting a new business is not easy. Becoming an empty nester is not easy. Going from working around other people to just yourself every day is not easy.

Lately, I've found myself grasping tighter and tighter to my branch -- my home base where I know how everything works. Maybe I'm doing this because there's been so much change in my life over the past six months that this is an involuntary reaction.

But it's time to let go of my branch.

Time to venture out.

Time to be brave and get out there.

Time to see how those wings work.


1 comment:

  1. I accept your invitation. Will you post the word daily?
    I love this quote. I received a rejection last week of my middle grade novel. So this week, I submitted it again. I can't let it get me down. The truth is I wonder if the book is worthy, but one of my students asked me, "Do you like it?" I answered, "Yes!" So he said that's all the motivation I need to keep going. This was a 5th grade boy!
    When we are in this together, we can help each other fly. Here's to wings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!