Friday, September 29, 2017

DWP #17: MELT {9.29.17}

It has amazed me the difference a few days can make in the weather.

The midwest heatwave began last Wednesday, causing the temperature to soar into the 80's and 90's and pretty-near melting everything in sight: me, my plants, my garden, the dogs. We were no longer interested in summer. We wanted fall.

Well, on Wednesday of this week, fall arrived. The temperatures were in the 60's today -- more like it for my tastes.

I took advantage of the cooler weather and made some roasted tomato soup using up some of the remaining tomatoes and basil from the garden. I think we are going to have it for dinner tomorrow night with some grilled cheese sandwiches. I'll be happy to have cheese be the only thing melting around here.

Ahhhh...comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!