Monday, September 18, 2017

DWP #6: DELIVER {9.18.17}

It's been a long time since I've written a letter to be mailed.

With the advent of email, voicemail, Voxer, Facebook and that oldie-but-goodie, the phone, writing letters as a way to communicate and catch-up is a lost art.

I remember when I was a kid, I would write a letter to my grandfather who lived in Michigan. Putting a stamp on an envelope was a lot cheaper than calling him on the phone (that charged by the minute). He never wrote back, but I didn't care. When I put that letter in the mail, I was a way of connecting with him across the miles and it made me miss him a little less.

Now, both of my kids are away at college and I have found myself writing letters again. I talk to them both on the phone regularly (sometimes many times a day), but nothing beats going to your mailbox and finding a letter has been delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!