Tuesday, March 29, 2016

My Book Problem {#SOL16 Day 29}

I have a book problem.

It's not the kind of problem that is troublesome, but it is one that I wish there was an easier, faster solution for.

I love to read.  I love to buy books. Amazon Prime is (not) my friend.  Our UPS guy practically knows me by name.  Book recommendations from friends (like you) are a good bet that I will add another book to my collection.

Getting books is not my problem.

Finding time to read them all....that's the problem.

Here is the stack of books that I would LOVE to read over spring break:
Seriously....not even realistic.

Even if I sat and read 12 hours a day, I probably wouldn't get through all of these titles.  (And there is another stack underneath the coffee table waiting, just in case I need any backups.)

Oh, how I wish that I could slip a book under my pillow and its words would seep into my head like osmosis while I sleep.  Wouldn't that be wonderful?

A girl can dream.  But right now, I need to get reading.

9 comments:

  1. Have you tried audio books??? If you are in the car a lot you can get lots of books under your belt -- I even listen when folding laundry or cooking some times.
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with the comment above. I play audiobooks while I do stuff around the house. Then, when i have a break, I sit and read a print book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a terrible problem! Some you can dip in and out of to get the essence then go back and read it when time is not a luxury. Enjoy what ever you choose to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a terrible problem! Some you can dip in and out of to get the essence then go back and read it when time is not a luxury. Enjoy what ever you choose to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Michelle. I have a book problem too. I justify it by saying there are worse problems to have. Start with Carry On, Warrior!!!! You will LAUGH and LAUGH!!!!!! The top three books are amazing! (Haven't read the bottom three yet.) I just started a new book, A Little Life. It's over SEVEN HUNDRED PAGES!!!! I know. I'm crazy. I'll let you know if you should add it to your pile. LOL! (LOVE this post!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see some awesome titles in your stack! Since the SOL challenge is coming to a close maybe you'll sneak some extra reading time in. And, maybe you'll blog about them too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My problem exactly, and sometimes I'm not sure which to choose first! All I can say is that you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Linda said, you are not alone. I need to sort my stacks and take pictures....I should be embarrassed! But I'm not!! I just saw Hour of the Bees. I loved that. I think because I am dealing with dementia with my own grandmother and my mom. Lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that same problem! I had a stack a couple of weeks ago, but then I was so sick, all I could do was sleep! If I'm off school, I want to at least read! Maybe on spring break next week? Just take a book at a time. I know how you feel. Good luck! Jennifer Sniadecki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!