Monday, March 7, 2016

What's That Noise? {#SOL16 Day 7}

I was trying to catch a quick nap when I was awoken by a loud hum outside.  It sounded like a lawnmower was being taken for a ride, but I knew that couldn't be, given that it was early March and all.

I went out on my back deck to try to figure out where the noise was coming from.  In the sky off to the east, a small plane was turning around and heading back our way.

My husband was at his flying lesson.  Could it be him?  I have never seen him fly before.

I called my daughter out to the deck, just in case.  As the plane approached, it flew a bit lower and raised the sound of its engine.  We waved from our deck and the plane responded by tilting its wings back and forth a few times.

As it flew over, I could see my husband in the pilot's seat.  It was him.
This whole flying thing just became very real.


9 comments:

  1. Awesome! I see this topic becoming one that could lead to future posts! Amazing that he flew low enough that you could see him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put us right there with you. How fun that your husband gave you a nod from the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put us right there with you. How fun that your husband gave you a nod from the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When the sound doesn't match to your world, you have to discover the source. What fun to find your husband on a fly-over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting that he was able to wave from the sky! Will you go flying with him in a future slice?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure that was so exciting and how cool that you were able to experience this moment in time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! The real question is are you going to go flying with him???!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I love how "the plane responded by tilting its wings back and forth a few times." Best nonverbal communication ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!