Friday, March 11, 2016

The Key to Being Brave {#SOL16 Day 11}

I came into school to find a small gift bag sitting on the table outside my classroom door.  The small, black bag with a fuchsia bow was stuffed full with black polka dot tissue paper.  At the bottom of the bag....a box.

I lifted the box out of the bag and smiled.  A tiny fuchsia bow around it slid off and I lifted the lid up.  Inside the box was something very special...a Giving Key.

A Giving Key is a necklace with an old key strung on it.  The story behind the Giving Key is a beautiful one in the spirit of paying it forward.  On each key, a word is engraved.

The word on my key...BRAVE.

A dear friend at school gave me this key to wear as a reminder to always be brave. I won't go into the reason as to why I need an extra boost of bravery, but it means so much to me that my friend thought of me.
If you'd like to learn more about the story behind the Giving Key, you can watch this video or visit their website here.


7 comments:

  1. I love this! What a special friend - to think of you and give you a boost when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this, and how wonderful it is, Jennifer, and that your friend had one made just for you. Thanks for telling us about these keys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gift. I hope the reminder gives you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen giving keys before and I've always wanted one. I love that your friend knows you and sees what you need. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing... I can't wait to see it and hear all about this special necklace. I really love this! You are indeed brave my friend. :) SMILE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!